The Dell EMC VxRail™ Appliance family offers highly configurable appliances for a wide variety of applications and workloads to meet any use case. Based on VMware® vSphere® and vSAN™, and with options based on Dell EMC PowerEdge™ servers, the VxRail appliance family can increase workload capacity, performance, scalability and control with:
- Fully loaded with integrated Dell EMC mission-critical data services modular building blocks that let you start small – with as few as 3 nodes – and grow incrementally and non-disruptively as needed
- Seamless integration with existing VMware eco-system management solutions for streamlined deployment and management
- Single point of global 24×7 support for both the hardware and software
Flexibility and choice
State-of-the-art PowerEdge servers expand the portfolio to deliver NVMe cache drives, 25GbE networking, new GPU hardware, dense storage and high performance computing options, allowing you the flexibility to choose the VxRail Appliance that best fits your need. Single node scaling and storage capacity expansion provide a predictable, “pay-as-you-grow” approach for future scale up and out as your business and user requirements evolve.
The VxRail portfolio includes:
- G Series – General-purpose appliances for broad hyper-converged use cases. Up to four nodes fit in a single 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- E Series – Entry-level, cost-effective appliances for small or remote deployments. Low-profile with one node per 1U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- S Series – Storage dense appliances capacity-optimized for demanding applications such as virtualized Microsoft® SharePoint®, Microsoft Exchange, big data, and analytics. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in hybrid configurations only.
- V Series – VDI-optimized graphics ready appliances with support for up to 3 graphics accelerators for specialized use cases such as high-end 2D/3D visualization. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
- P Series – Performance intensive appliances optimized for heavy workloads such as databases. Each appliance has one node per 2U chassis. Available in all-flash or hybrid configurations.
Performance and scalability
Based on VMware vSphere and VSAN software, and built with the latest Intel Xeon Scalable processors, the VxRail Appliance allows you to start small and grow, scaling capacity and performance easily and non-disruptively. All-flash VxRail Appliances include efficient and in-line deduplication, compression, and erasure coding. With these enterprise-class data services VxRail delivers high performance all-flash with increased usable capacity.
Backup and recovery
Included VMware Data Protection (VDP) protects every application or VM on the VxRail Appliance. Deployed as a virtual appliance with up to 8TB capacity, VDP features familiar vCenter web client management. RecoverPoint for VMs provides simple, efficient, and proven disaster recovery for VMware vSphere, protecting virtual machines at a granular level and ensuring business continuity. Available Data Protection Suite for VMware extends included data protection features with the industry’s broadest capabilities including backup and recovery, continuous data protection, monitoring and analysis, and search capabilities.
Usability and management
VxRail Appliance provides existing VMware customers an experience with which they are already familiar. VM management through vCenter Server, and IT and Cloud automation with vRealize Operations and vRealize Automation lets you seamlessly integrate VxRail into your existing data center infrastructure.