The profound effect of digital transformation now felt by the modern service provider is equally exciting and fraught with uncertainty. As business leaders grapple with digital transformation across IT, workforce and security operations, information and preparation is the key.
The service provider industry—collectively, communications service providers, cloud service providers, managed hosting providers and enterprise/consumer web tech companies—is not immune to the effects of digital transformation. In fact, many providers are in the unique position of needing to embark on their own form of a digital transformation—transforming their own operations and infrastructure, transforming how they interface with upstream partners, advertisers and digital content, and transforming the downstream services they offer to enterprise and consumers.
See how Dell EMC and partners can help you address this transformation across your service provider business, technology and operations.
The Dell EMC Networking OS10 Enterprise Edition is a Network Operating System supporting multiple architectures and environments. The networking world is moving from a monolithic stack to a pick-your-own-world. The OS10 solution is designed to allow multi-layered disaggregation of the network functionality. While OS10 contributions to Open Source provide users freedom and flexibility to pick their own 3rd party networking, monitoring, management and orchestration applications, OS10 Enterprise Edition bundles industry hardened networking stack featuring standard L2 and L3 protocols over a standard and well accepted CLI interface.
High-performance, open networking 25GbE top-of-rack and 100GbE spine/leaf switch
1 or 2RU high-density ToR switches with up to 48 or 96 ports of 25GbE or 32 ports of 100GbE
Multi-rate 100GbE ports support 10/25/40/50/100GbE
Scalable L2 and L3 Ethernet switching with QoS and a full complement of standards-based IPv4 and IPv6 features, including OSPF and BGP routing support
Line-rate performance via non-blocking switch fabrics: 3.2Tbps (6.4Tbps full-duplex) on S5296F-ON and S5232F-ON, 2.0Tbps (4.0Tbps full-duplex) on S5248F-ON, and 1.08Tbps (2.16Tbps full-duplex) on S5224F-ON and S5212F-ON
L2 multipath support via Virtual Link Trunking (VLT) and Routed VLT support
VXLAN gateway functionality support for bridging and routing the non-virtualized and the virtualized overlay networks with line rate performance (hardware only)
Support for OS10 Enterprise Edition
Converged network support for DCB, with priority flow control (802.1Qbb), ETS (802.1Qaz), DCBx and iSCSI TLV support
Routable RoCE to enable convergence of compute and storage on Leaf/Spine Fabric
IO panel to PSU airflow or PSU to IO panel airflow Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans on most models
Supports the open source Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for zero touch installation of alternate network operating systems
L2 VXLAN (Static VXLAN with VLT, BGP EVPN)
Tool-less enterprise ReadyRails™ mounting kits for most models reducing time and resources for switch rack installation (S5212F-ON will utilize a tandem tray for mounting)
Power-efficient operation and Dell Fresh Air 2.0 compliant up to 45ºC helps reduce cooling costs in temperature constrained deployments
Red Hat® Virtualization is a complete infrastructure solution for virtualized servers and workstations.
Built on the powerful Red Hat Enterprise Linux® platform, Red Hat Virtualization provides agility, security, reliability, and scalability for virtualized, resource-intensive workloads. It helps organizations optimize their IT infrastructure with better performance, competitive pricing, and a trusted Red Hat environment.
With Red Hat Virtualization, you can:
• Virtualize any Linux or Windows application.
• Standardize storage, infrastructure, and networking resources.
• Improve workload performance and efficiency.
• Improve application density and use rates of existing servers.
• Deploy an agile environment to bring products to market faster.
• Improve the performance of — while reducing the costs associated with — high-performing Linux workstations.
• Build a foundation for bimodal IT by sharing services with Red Hat OpenStack® Platform.
Red Hat Virtualization can be deployed on top of your existing infrastructure and easily integrates with other Red Hat and Red Hat partner products—all of which helps customers to bring modern applications to market faster.
Highly optimized air flow design enables tremendous configuration flexibility and industry-leading energy efficiency
Out of band management architecture facilitates rapid bare metal deployment and remediation regardless of OS state
Embedded SupportAssist reduces troubleshooting and downtime with embedded diagnostics and automated case creation
Get up to 4x performance increase for common management tasks with iDRAC9’s new dual-core ARM processor (compared with iDRAC8)
Use the same next-generation of embedded automation to standardize BIOS and secure boot configuration, firmware updates, server asset inventory, health monitoring, and power/reset control across all PowerEdge servers
Proactive automated support embedded resolves issues up to 90% faster
Fully signed firmware updates; embedded trust only allows authenticated code to run
Security lockdown that protects your server configuration and firmware (BIOS, iDRAC, & RAID) from malicious changes
Secure instant erase for HDDs, SSDs, NVMs
New, more secure unique default password
Redfish, new REST-based management API, is more secure and scalable than legacy IPMI.
Red Hat® Ceph Storage is an open, cost-effective, software-defined storage solution that:
• Decouples software from hardware to run cost-effectively on industry-standard servers and disks.
• Scales flexibly and massively to support multiple petabyte deployments with consistent performance.
• Provides web-scale object storage for modern use cases, such as cloud infrastructure, media repository, and big data analytics.
• Combines the most stable version of Ceph with a storage management console, deployment tools, and support services.
Specifically, Red Hat Ceph Storage consists of:
Ceph 10.2 (Jewel)
• Object, block, and file storage
• Compatibility with Amazon S3 object application programming interface (API), OpenStack Swift, NFS v4, or native API protocols
• Block storage integrated with OpenStack®, Linux®, and KVM hypervisor
• Validated with Apache Hadoop S3A filesystem client
• Multisite and disaster recovery options
• Flexible storage policies
• Data durability via erasure coding or replication
Red Hat Storage Console
• Integrated on-premise management console
• Ansible-based deployment tools
• Graphical user interface (GUI) with cluster visualization
• Advanced Ceph monitoring and diagnostic information
• Cluster and per node usage and performance statistics
• Streamlined product and hot-fix patch access
• Service-level agreement (SLA)-backed technical support
• Deployment resources and Red Hat subscription benefits
• Numerous consulting, service, and training options from the company with the most Ceph experience in the industry